No Commercial Business without a Hauler's Permit is permitted to utilize the transfer station. Hauler's Permits are available from the Permits & Licenses Department, City Hall, 45 Lyon Terace, Room 223. Bridgeport residents and small, permitted hauling businesses are welcome at the transfer station during operating hours. NO BUSINESS HAULERS are permitted on Saturdays.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
- Household refuse only
- Must have Bridgeport License and registration or hauler's permit
- No rude or abusive conduct will be tolerated.
- Wood, brush or metal over 4 feet long WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- All metals must be separated
- All small debris, lawn rakings, etc must be tied, bagged, or boxed.
- Wood doors and mattresses must be cut in half
- We do not accept more than 2 tires per load
- Brush must be under 4 feet and tied in bundles or loose and covered
- All leaves are to be in paper leaf bags ONLY. Any other bags or boxes of leaves must be emptied into the disposal container on site.
- Recycleables are to be placed under the direction of the Weigh Master.
- Oil and Anti-freeze must be free of contamination and must be left with the Weigh Master.
- People living outside of the City who own a home in Bridgeport must bring proof of ownership of said premises
- All loads must be covered and secured.
- Toxic or hazardous liquids or waste
- Sheetrock, shingles, or remodeling & demolition debris.
THE WEIGH MASTER HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY NON-CONFORMING LOADS. The Weigh Master has complete authority to dictate rules and regulations. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact Jose Demoura at (203) 576-7753.
Unacceptable demo, bulk, etc… Can be brought to waste facilities such as:
80 Garfield Ave.
221 Old Gate Ln
Paint can be brought to the following locations:
46 Glenwood Ave.
1739 Main St.
Additional info can be found on www.ctdeep.com
Any questions please contact
Jose DeMoura 203-576-7753
475 Asylum Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06610
Phone: (203) 576-7725