Bill Lookup/Pay Online
For the convenience of the taxpayer, the Tax Collector has a service agreement with Point & Pay to accept tax payments (including credit card payments) and to look up your tax bill.
To look up and pay your bill(s) online click here.
Please note: if you are making a partial payment(s), you need to pay the full amount due on the bill and add it to the shopping cart. When done, go to the shopping cart (located at the top of the screen in the Bill(s) section), and select "checkout." Then select the "pay now" option, select "edit" and enter the amount of the partial payment(s) (bill by bill). Then complete the customer, cardholder, and payment information and continue until the transaction is complete.
Tax bill payment options
Below you will find additional tax bill payment options that the city offers in addition to making payment in person or on-line. These options are available for your convenience to avoid waiting in line at the Tax Collector's office.
Current Tax Bills (Payments Due July 1, 2014):
Delinquent Tax Bills:
- Pay at any Fairfield County Branch of People's United Bank - You do not need to be a customer; the bank will issue you a receipt - Please bring all copies of the bill. Service ends July 31.
- Mail payment in return envelope included with tax bill. Processed within 24-48 hours of receipt. To obtain a receipt, you must include the entire tax bill and a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Drop off box in tax office - No cash. If you need a receipt, you must include the entire tax bill and a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
For details on On-Line Payment at click here.
· Mail in payment with updated information from on-line tax bill at click here.
· The due date for delinquent taxes is August 1, 2014 to avoid additional interest
· You will need to come into the office if you have to register a vehicle.
We will have extended hours at the end of July:
July 28th through August 1, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday July 26, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Tax Office (203) 576-7271 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org