Social Services is a City Department that provides for the social and economic well-being of the indigent and “working poor” population residing in the City of Bridgeport through Career development opportunities, case management and community outreach and referral services.
We provide technical assistance to community agencies; administer state and federal programs that target economically and socially disadvantaged city residents and assist in special initiatives of a social nature as assigned by the city’s administration. Additionally, we support legislation that will create and maintain programs that provide vital services to needy city residents. In addition, we serve as liaison to the community and business sector.
- Information: (203) 576-8411 or 576-7416
- Administration: (203) 576-7471, 576-7472 & 576-8088
- Relocation – Code Enforcement & Housing Hardship Cases: (203) 332-3028
- Relocation – Lead Related: (203) 576-7483
- Healthy Start: (203) 576-8181, 576-7458
- Elderly Hispanic Outreach Services: (203) 576-8469
- Employment & Training: (203) 576-8185
- Social Worker: (203) 576-7147, 576-8411 & 576-8469
- Women Infant & Children (WIC): (203) 576-8072 & 576-8074
Listing files in 'Social Services Documents '
Director of Social Services
752 East Main Street Bridgeport, Connecticut 06608
Phone: (203) 576-7471
Click here to Email Me