1. Design and Construction for the replacement of the Capitol avenue over Rooster River bridge.
2. Design and Construction for the replacement of the Arctic Street over Pembroke Lakes bridge.
3. To maintain engineering maps, records and survey monument system, to aid and promote development in the City.
4. To provide technical assistance and data to City Department, Commissions, Boards, residents and businesses of the City.
5. To modernize the traffic signal surveillance system with state of the art technology. Design is underway for 20 new state of the art intersections on Main Street to replace the antiquated system. Construction is slated to begin in 2016-17. Engineering will oversee all construction activities and make field decisions based on design. Project will be 100% federally funded.
6. Continue to assist State Representatives in securing State bonding funds for various flood control projects.
7. Proceed with Design and Construction for the replacement of the Elton Roger Park Culvert as part of Phase 1 of the Ox Brook Flood Control Project.
8. Coordinate with the Town of Fairfield for the design and Construction for the replacement of the State Street/ Commerce Drive Bridge.
9. Complete overhaul of Central Traffic Control Command center under federally funded (100%) State project 15-360.
10. Implement a City bridge inspection program for the approximately 40 bridges. The program will consist of an RFQ/RFP to identified a qualified structural consultant to periodically review the conditions of bridges in the City and report on conditions and of required improvements/replacements.
11. Continue to assist developers in regards to Engineering best practices and City requirements for ongoing developments such as Steel Point, Downtown North, school building Committee and a multitude of private and private/public enterprises.
12. Continue to assist CMS and Public facilities in administering Federal Aid and Capitol Improvement projects such as Downtown Urban Enhancement and Pleasure Beach.
Jon Urquidi, PE
45 Lyon Terrace, Rm 216
Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604
Phone: (203) 576-7211