City of Bridgeport Snow Emergency in Effect Beginning at 12:00 a.m. March 21, 2018

There will be no parking on any designated SNOW EMERGENCY STREETS and all vehicles parked on secondary roadways are asked to be parked on the ODD-SIDE of the street in order to allow snow plow driver’s clear passage

For updates, resources and important snow information go to

Skip to content


5/23/2017 - “Click it or Ticket” Awareness & Enforcement Campaign; Bridgeport Police Promote Safety


Mayor Joseph P. Ganim                         Chief of Police

Bridgeport, CT                                     Armando J. Perez


For Immediate Release                                                                                                                                                                

May 23, 2017                                                                                                                                                                                 


-Press Release-

“Click it or Ticket” Awareness & Enforcement Campaign;

Bridgeport Police Promote Safety

Bridgeport— With Memorial Day weekend upon us, the Bridgeport Police Department will be joining national and local enforcement agencies to promote safe driving and increase the protection of all motorists. From May 22 to June 4, State and local law enforcement agencies across the nation are stepping up enforcement to crack down on motorists who aren’t wearing their seat belts. The national seat belt use rate in 2015 was 88.5 percent, the other 11.5 percent— an estimated 37 million people— still need to be reminded that seat belts save lives.


Bridgeport Police Chief Armando ‘AJ’ Perez said, “Memorial Day weekend is one of the busiest and most travelled weekends of the year.  We want everyone to enjoy a safe holiday with their friends and family.  We really need to remind residents to make sure that putting on a seatbelt is the first thing they do when they enter a vehicle, every trip, every time. Don’t start your car until all passengers and children are safely buckled into their seats.” 


In 2015, there were 9,874 unbuckled passenger vehicle occupants killed in crashes in the United States. To help prevent crash fatalities, we need to step-up enforcement and crack down on those who don’t wear their seat belts. Bridgeport Police will be out on the roads enforcing the State Occupant Protection laws and issuing citations to those who are unbuckled.