City of Bridgeport
Office of Emergency Management & Homeland Security
581 North Washington Avenue
Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604
Telephone (203) 579-3882
Fax (203) 579-3881
Scott T. Appleby, CEM
Mayor Joseph P. Ganim
Bridgeport Connecticut Cooling/Warming Centers
A complete list of cooling and warming centers can be found below. Please be advised these days/times are subject to change without notice. Anyone needing overnight shelter, please call 211 for information.
Greater Bridgeport Transit Bus Terminal (Daily) - 710 Water St, Bridgeport CT (7:00am-7:00pm)
Senior Centers (Open only weekdays):
- East Side Senior Center- 1057 East Main St Bridgeport, CT (9:00am-4:30pm)
- Black Rock Senior Center- 2676 Fairfield Ave Bridgeport, CT (9:00am-4:00pm)
- North End Bethany Senior Center - 20 Throme St Bridgeport CT (9:00am-4:30pm)
Bridgeport Public Library Branches:
- Main Branch – 925 Broad Street; Mon & Tues (10am-6pm), Wed & Thurs(12pm-8pm), Fri & Sat (10am-5 pm). Sunday (Closed).
- Black Rock Branch – 2705 Fairfield Avenue; Mon (10am-6pm), Tues (12pm-8pm), Wed (10am-6pm), Thurs (12pm-8pm), Fri & Sat (10am-5pm). Sunday (Closed).
- North Branch – 3455 Madison Avenue; Mon (10am-6pm), Tues (12pm-8pm), Wed (10am-6pm), Thurs (12pm-8pm), Fri & Sat (10am-5pm). Sunday (Closed).
*** When temperatures are equal to or below 25 degrees Fahrenheit, the Bridgeport Islamic Community Center (BICC) opens its doors in collaboration with Prospect House. The homeless in need are able to stay overnight from 8:30pm to 6:00am. Clients must arrive between 8:30pm-9:00pm. The doors will be locked afterwards. The address is 877 Park Ave (Entrance for clients is labeled). Cross streets, Park Ave & State Street.