Electrical Permit Application Submittal Procedures
An Electrical Permit is required for electrical components, solar systems, electrical equipment, and systems used in buildings or structures, per Connecticut State Building Code. This includes, but not limited to, all wiring associated with power and lighting systems, fire and security alarm systems, low voltage systems, utilities, elevators, exhaust hoods, refrigeration, solar and energy control systems, and duct systems.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Any person holding a valid CT license to do electrical work or authorized agent for the holder. A property owner of a single-family residence who permanently resides at the property may apply for an electrical permit.
ELECTRICAL PERMIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Until further notice the following procedures are in place:
All applications are to be submitted electronically by email to Building@BridgeportCT.Gov. All required and supporting documents are to be submitted in PDF.
Provide the Following:
- Select “Application for Electrical Permit” and complete the application [Include value of work and email addresses] Note: Applications are in a fillable format, and do not require printing or scanning (unless if printed and information is handwritten) Download application or print. Note: If printed a PDF copy will need to be made of the application.
NOTE: Permit applications must be signed by the property owner
- Required documents to be submitted with electrical permit application:
- Copy of contractor's current CT License Card (E-1)
- If agent – Provide letter, on company letterhead, signed by the license holder - indicating the agents name as the authorized representative.
3. Typical supporting documents to be submitted as applicable:
- Detailed written scope of work [what removed, what new, types & size of materials to be used, attachment, etc.]
- Detailed wiring diagrams, construction drawings and specifications
- Copies of Manufactures Equipment and Material Data Sheets and Related Information
- Copies of all applicable pre-Approvals from Federal Government or CT State
- UI Work Order Number
4. Solar – Additional supporting documents to be submitted with Electrical Permit Application:
5.Once the application is complete, and PDF copies are made of the required and supporting documents, submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per City Ordinance 15.08.020 - No Permits can be issued by the Building Department if there are delinquent Property Tax and/or WPCA Sewer User Fees.
CONSULT THESE RESOURCES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Building Energy Codes Program: RES check and COM check
Connecticut State Building Code
Request for Modification of the State Building Code
Work Exempt from Building Permit
Call Before You Dig 811.com
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 222
Bridgeport, CT 06604