Plumbing Permit Application Submittal Procedures
A Plumbing Permit is required for the erection, alteration, repair, relocation, replacement, addition to use or maintain plumbing components, equipment, or systems, per Connecticut State Building Code. Examples of the type of work requiring a Plumbing Permit include, but is not limited to, Plumbing Systems, Gas Fuel Systems, Fire Protection (including Sprinkler, Standpipe, yard Systems, Chemical), Exhaust Hood, and Suppression Systems.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Any person holding a valid CT license to do plumbing work or authorized agent for the holder. A property owner of a single-family residence who permanently resides at the property may apply for a plumbing permit.
PLUMBING PERMIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Until further notice the following procedures are in place:
All applications are to be submitted electronically by email to Building@BridgeportCT.Gov. All required and supporting documents are to be submitted in PDF format.
Provide the Following:
- Select “Application for Plumbing Permit” and complete the application [Include Value of Work and Email Addresses] Note: Applications are in a fillable format, and do not require printing or scanning (unless if printed and information is handwritten) Download application or print. Note: If printed a PDF copy will need to be made of the application. NOTE: Permit applications must be signed by the property owner
- Required documents to be submitted with Plumbing Permit application:
- Copy of Contractor's current CT license card
- If agent – Provide letter, on company letterhead, signed by the license holder - indicating the agents name as the authorized representative, type of permit, address of the work, and anticipated start date. signed by the registered card holder if agent. Agent must show photo identification
3.Typical supporting documents to be submitted as applicable:
- Detailed written scope of work [removed, new, types & size of materials to be used, attachment, etc.]
- Detailed construction drawings and specifications
- Copies of Manufactures Material Data Sheets and other related Information
- Copies of all applicable Pre-Approvals from Federal Government or CT State
4. Once the application is complete, and PDF copies are made of the required and supporting documents. Submit application and all required and supporting documents to email@example.com
Per City Ordinance 15.08.020 - No Permits can be issued by the Building Department if there are delinquent Property Tax and/or WPCA Sewer User Fees.
CONSULT THESE RESOURCES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Building Energy Codes Program: RES check and COM check
Connecticut State Building Code
Request for Modification of the State Building Code
Work Exempt from Building Permit
Call Before You Dig 811.com
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 222
Bridgeport, CT 06604