Procedures To Schedule Inspections
Until further notice the following procedures are in place:
All inspections will be done either by remote imaging (video, photos, face time) or on site visit per the Inspectors discretion. Pre-inspection meeting is recommended.
Inspections are required when different stages of work are completed and before said work is covered or needs to proceed to the next step. Inspection categories are Rough, Intermediate, Special, and Final.
Who Can Request Inspections:
It shall be the duty of the holder of the Building Permit or their duly authorized agent to notify the Building Inspector when work is ready for inspection. It shall be the duty of the permit holder to provide access to and means for inspections of such work that are required by the Ct. State Building Code.
- When work is ready to be inspected contact the appropriate inspector to arrange a date and time for inspection. Contact the inspector by email or cell phone.
Assistant Building Inspector Anthony Grabowski
email@example.com Office: 203-332-5514 Cell: 203-331-6852
Assistant Building Inspector Stephen Saturno
firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 203-576-7114 Cell: 203-331-6962
Mechanical Inspector Donald Akin
email@example.com Office: 203-576-7118 Cell: 203-331-2683
Electrical Inspector Michael Prusasky
firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 203-576-7115 Cell: 303-520-6071
Electrical Inspector Sean Masi
email@example.com Office: 203-332-5541 Cell: 203-520-8946
2. Required Information to be provided at time of inspection request:
- Property Address of Permitted Work
- Permit number
- Type of inspection requesting
- Contact information
- Special site conditions if applicable
3. The inspector will contact you to arrange the appointment time and protocol for the inspection.
4. Once the inspection is completed, should there be any deficiencies in the work, the inspector will notify the deficiencies to the permit holder.
5. Any required or needed re-inspections will be established per the same steps outlined above.
6. Once a final inspection is completed and passed the inspector will notify any other departments as needed of building completion and forward the permit file for either a Certificate of Code Compliance or Certificate of Occupancy processing.
CONSULT THESE RESOURCES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Connecticut State Building Code
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 222
Bridgeport, CT 06604