Per COVID-19 Protocols, Zoning Office is continuing to provide a full range of remote electronic-based processes to serve the public.
HOW TO ACCESS THE ZONING OFFICE’S REMOTE SERVICES
The Zoning Office at 45 Lyon Terrace is open for timed-appointment only, to provide in-person services on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please contact Dennis Buckley at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
New Streamlined Outdoor Dining Permit Process (Fee Waived):
1) Click here for outdoor dining permit application.
2) Complete the fillable application form.
3) Submit form electronically to Zoning@Bridgeportct.gov.
4) Do not submit the $100 fee. That has been waived.
5) The Zoning Office will confirm receipt of your application and reach out to you by phone.
6) The Zoning Office will coordinate any further review needed by the Health Department and the Fire Marshal’s office.
7) Zoning Department will deliver your permit to your place of business.
Please Note Additional State of Connecticut Requirements:
8) You must abide by the “Reopen Connecticut” rules for outdoor dining. Click here for sector rules.
9) You must submit the State of Connecticut’s required on-line “Self-Certification Form” for your business. Click here to self-certify.
10) If you wish to serve liquor and do not currently have a permit, you must apply to the State. Click here for instructions.
11) If your business is located on a state road, there are additional requirements. Click here for additional submittal requirements.
FAQS REGARDING OUTDOOR DINING
May I use a parking lot next to my restaurant?
Yes, you may, either as owner, or as a tenant with the permission of the owner.
May I use the sidewalk?
Yes, you may, provided that there will still be 6 feet of sidewalk width available for pedestrian passage.
May I use a public parking space?
Not at this time.
May I put up a tent?
Yes, but the tent structure may not have sides and will be subject to further Building Department and Fire Marshal review.
How do I need to designate the outdoor dining area?
With a theater rope, or posts, or a low wall, or a temporary portable fence, something that establishes some separation and a clear area.
Planning & Zoning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, Historic District #1 and Stratfield Historic District meetings will be held virtually on Zoom. Meeting access information will be posted on each agenda. Meeting agendas and submission packets are accessible through the below link.
Our mission is to promote health, safety, quality of life and the overall general welfare of the community through the enforcement of the Zoning Regulations of the City of Bridgeport.
The Zoning Department is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in the City of Bridgeport through innovative, proven planning techniques, and providing excellent customer service in a professional and timely manner. We also provide high quality construction permitting, plan review and building inspection services in a way that is responsive and customer friendly.
Inspectors & Enforcement Officers are in during the morning hours only, for discussion, plan review and consultation regarding the filing of applications for Zoning Compliance, or petitions to the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Planning and Zoning Commission. Reduced staff are available during the afternoon hours for basic information and the distribution of forms & applications.
The complaint line number is 203-576-8017. Complaints phoned in after 5pm or on the weekend will go into a voice mail box which is monitored daily.
The Zoning Department promotes strategic growth and development in the City, in part, by initiating comprehensive, consensus-based planning and zoning changes for individual neighborhoods and business districts. It supports the City Planning Commission and each year reviews more than 500 land use applications for actions such as zoning changes and disposition of City property. The Department assists both government agencies and the public by providing policy analysis and technical assistance relating to housing, transportation, community facilities, demography and public space.
Please scroll down for all of Zoning's applications and checklists. Use this drop down menu below for "Agenda's, Decisions & Minutes" for all Zoning related hearings.
Agendas & Minutes
Listing files in 'Agendas & Minutes'
Listing files in 'Planning & Zoning Commission & Zoning Board of Appeals '