Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Public Health Information
The Bridgeport Department of Health & Social Services is keeping a close eye on the Coronavirus outbreak, actively participating in state and federal calls to ensure we're always on top of the latest CDC guidance. But don't just rely on us - the best way to safeguard yourself and your loved ones is by getting vaccinated, maintaining social distance, and staying safe. Let's beat this virus together!
As a reminder, the CDC always recommends daily preventive actions to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Staying up to date with your COVID-19 vaccine
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.