UPDATE: Mayor Ganim Announces All Parks Will Open for the Season on Saturday, May 28th
Bridgeport, CT— Mayor Ganim announced today that the City of Bridgeport's public parks will reopen for the season on Saturday, May 28th. Seaside Park and Beardsley Park, as well as their splash pads, will be available to residents and tourists over Memorial Day weekend with the purchase of a park sticker or day pass. Please take note that parks will only accept credit cards as a form payment this year. The Mayor encourages all citizens to take advantage of everything the City has to offer, including its expansive shoreline and more than 1,800 acres of public parks.
Seaside Park and Beardsley Park
- Annual Parking Sticker (Resident Permit) -- Vehicle Registered in Bridgeport: $15
- Annual Parking Sticker (Non-Resident CT Permit) -- Vehicle Registered in CT: $130
- Annual Parking Sticker (Special Permit) -- Vehicle Registered in CT with proof of current City of Bridgeport property tax bill: $20
- Annual Parking Sticker (Out of State Permit) -- Vehicle Registered Out-of-State with proof of current City of Bridgeport property tax bill: $20
Day Passes Available to CT Residents:
- Seaside Park, CT Registration: $30 Weekdays / $40 Weekends & Holidays
- Beardsley Park, CT Registration: $25
Day Passes Available to Out – of – State Residents:
- Seaside Park Out of State Registration: $50 Weekdays / $60 Weekends & Holidays
- Beardsley Park Out of State Registration: $30
Park stickers will be available for purchase at the following locations:
- Checkpoint booths at Seaside Park Arches, West Beach (credit cards only); Weekdays 8am-4pm / Weekends 8am-6pm
- Casino Bath house (cash only); Weekdays 8am-4pm / Weekends 8am-6pm
- Beardsley Park (credit cards & cash); Weekdays 8am-4pm / Weekends 8am-6pm
- Parks and Recreation Department, 7 Quarry Road, Trumbull; Mon-Fri 8am-4pm
Stickers can only be purchased for the vehicle entering the park with proof of registration. The sticker will be affixed to the windshield by a checkpoint attendant.
If you have an Out-of-Town or Out-of-State vehicle but pay Bridgeport property taxes - please visit the Parks and Recreation Department with a current City of Bridgeport property tax bill to acquire a sticker. These stickers are NOT SOLD directly at the park checkpoints.
Senior Park Stickers
Bridgeport resident senior citizens (65 and older) are eligible for a free lifetime Senior Park Sticker with proof of Bridgeport car registration and proof of age. Senior Park Stickers can only be acquired at the Parks and Recreation Department during office hours: Mon-Fri 8am-4pm
Pleasure Beach Taxi Service will officially be open on July 2nd, weekends only. The Taxi Free Service to Pleasure Beach begins at 10am and stops at 4pm, Pleasure Beach closes is at 6pm.
Opening Day May 28th
- Beardsley Park Splash Pad - 1875 Noble Avenue (Upper East Side)
- Seaside Park Splash Pad - West Beach, 1 Barnum Dyke (South End)
Opening Day June 18th
- Puglio Park Splash Pad - 3531 Madison Avenue (North End)
- Went Field Splash Pad - 401 Hanover Street (West Side)
- Alice Street Splash Pad - 1 Alice Street (North End)
- Curiale School Splash Pad - 189 Wood Avenue (West Side)
- Columbus School Splash Pad - 275 George Street (The Hollow)
- Ellsworth Park - 58 Ellsworth Street (Black Rock)
- Johnson Oak Park - 55 Hewitt Street (East End)
- Luis Munoz Marin School Splash Pad - 475 Helen Street (East Side)
- Nob Hill - 115 Virginia Avenue (Upper East Side)
- Park City Magnet School Splash Pad - 1526 Chopsey Hill (Reservoir/Whiskey Hill)
- Success Splash Pad - 303 Grandfield Avenue (Boston Avenue/Mill Hill)
- Washington Park Splash Pad - 475 East Washington Avenue (East Side)
Day & Night fishing are both permitted along the city’s waterfronts and piers with a valid Fishing Permit. Follow all signs posted, and adhere to No Trespassing signs, specifically noted for the breaker at Seaside Park.
For more information, visit the City of Bridgeport Parks and Recreation Department website at www.Bridgeportct.gov/ParksandRec.
For more information: