City of Bridgeport Storm Updates
City of Bridgeport updates residents on aftermath of Storm Isaias, provides available resources and City response activity.
Mayor Ganim states, "UI, turn the power back on!"
- Thousands of Bridgeport residents are currently without power. Click here for the full release.
- Residents in need of emergency shelter can contact the American Red Cross at 1-877-287-3327 for assistance.
Visit any of the seven school locations to charge your devices. Tables will be set up outside of each location from 9am - 3pm starting on 8/6/2020
1. Beardsley School (East Side)
2. Harding High School (East End)
3. Johnson (Central)
4. Roosevelt (West/South End)
5. Hooker School (North East)
6. Dunbar (East End)
7. Discovery (North End)
Safety Protocols and Expectations for Charging Stations:
1. BRING YOUR OWN PHONE CORD(S) PLUS ADAPTER.
2. Charge cells phones, laptops, and medical equipment, (sorry no vehicles)
3. Phone charging will be allowed for 90 minutes maximum.
4. To increase charging efficiency for all, do not use the phone while it is charging.
5. Temperatures taken at the door and not exceed (100.3 F). Children included.
6. Must wear a mask at all times before, during and while exiting the school.
7. Max of 6 people per charging site. Others wait outside 6 feet apart.
8. Families must stay together while inside of the school.
9. Sanitation solution will be available at each site to sanitize the seating station.
10. Restrooms at the schools are CLOSED.
11. Refrigerators are not available at charging stations.
REPORT A DOWNED TREE OR TREE LIMBS TO BE REMOVED
Department of Public Facilities and contractors are responding to all tree and limbs down throughout the City. To report downed City trees and tree limbs for removal, call (203) 579-3829.
Many traffic lights remain inoperable due to the power outage. Drive cautiously and slowly when entering intersections.
• Intersections with flashing traffic lights on red - treat this as a four way traffic stop - as if stop signs were present.
• Intersections with one side of traffic lights on red flash and the other side of traffic lights on yellow flash, the traffic with yellow flash have the first right of way.
• Intersections with traffic lights completely out - treat this as a four way traffic stop as if stop signs were present.
• Intersections with portable stop signs deployed, treat this as a four way intersection as if stop signs were present.