City of Bridgeport Provides Update on Tropical Storm Elsa Impact on City Services and Roads
Bridgeport, CT – City of Bridgeport provides an update on Tropical Storm Elsa as well as City services affected and roadways closed due to downed wires, fallen trees, and reports of flooding.
• Sanitation, Recycling, and Brown Bag collection – Friday routes are delayed by 1-2 hours
• Transfer Station – remains on a normal schedule; open until 3pm
• All city Parks are closed
• Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course is closed
• Bridgeport Public Libraries – all locations reopen at 12pm
The following streets are closed due to flooding:
• Bishop Avenue/Connecticut Avenue
• Lincoln Avenue/Arlington Street
• Seaview Avenue/ 95 Exit ramp
• Iranistan Avenue/Columbia/Gregory
• Seaview/Third Street
• East Washington/East Main
• Seaview Ave/Crescent
• East Main/ Crescent
Bridgeport Officials and first responders advise residents and drivers to AVOID any flooded areas on the roads to avoid vehicles being stuck in water.
City of Bridgeport and WPCA officials remind residents to remove any debris from curb lines and storm drains to minimize risk of flooding. In case of an issue, call Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA) at 203-332-5550. Road crews and field technicians are on-call to attend to flooding emergencies caused by the storm.
United Illuminating reports that about 32 customers are without power; less than 1% of Bridgeport customers. To report an interruption in your service, contact UI at 800-722-5584.
To report downed wires, fallen trees, or debris, contact the Emergency Operations Center at 203-579-3829.
For more information: