Health Alert: Yaomiao Children’s Rhinestone Silver Tiaras Recalled Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced the recall of approximately 12,400 Yaomiao children's rhinestone silver tiaras with red stones. Due to exceeding the federal lead content limit, these tiaras sold in sets with blue, purple, and clear styles (not recalled) pose a safety risk. Sold exclusively on Amazon from January 2021 to November 2023, the tiaras were packaged as "Yaomaio" and priced at $19 per set. Consumers are urged to immediately remove the recalled tiaras from children, discontinue use, and contact LordRoadS for a full refund. Both LordRoadS and Amazon are actively contacting known purchasers.
Customers Are Advised To
- Immediately take this product away from children and stop using them.
- Contact the Amazon seller for a full refund or discard them.
- Consider contacting your child's pediatrician to have their lead level tested.
For additional questions about specific products, consumers are encouraged to contact the company:
- LordRoadS by email at email@example.com, or online at their Amazon storefront on Amazon.com at https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A1ISSCMO2YO2PL&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER for more information.
According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), lead is a poisonous substance that can harm people of all ages and health conditions. It's crucial to safeguard children from lead exposure to ensure their long-term well-being. The effects of lead exposure in children are often hard to spot. Most children don't show any obvious symptoms right away. If you think your child might have come into contact with lead-containing products, talk to their doctor about getting a blood lead test. Lead poisoning can only be diagnosed through medical testing.
While the signs and symptoms of lead poisoning vary, short-term exposure can lead to the following symptoms:
- Abdominal pain/Colic
Longer term exposure could result in additional symptoms:
- Muscle aches or muscle prickling/burning
- Occasional abdominal discomfort
- Difficulty concentrating/Muscular exhaustibility
- Weight loss