Mayor Ganim Reminds Residents of Community Forums Focused on the Search for Police Chief
Bridgeport, CT – Early last week Mayor Ganim announced a timeline for soliciting feedback from elected officials and the public regarding who should be chosen as the next Bridgeport Chief of Police. City officials want to remind residents the importance of attending these forums and provide constructive feedback as Mayor Ganim consider these three candidates. Both Community Forums will be live streamed through the City of Bridgeport’s Facebook page.
The City of Bridgeport has established an email address (email@example.com) in which elected officials and members of the public may provide feedback to the Mayor on the top 3 candidates. People may also submit feedback in writing by sending it to the Office of the Mayor at 999 Broad Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604. Feedback will be accepted until October 28th.
Police Chief Selection Timeline:
- October 11: Community Forum at Central High School @ 6pm
- October 13: City Council Forum at City Council Chambers @ 6pm
- October 18: Community Forum at Harding High School @ 6pm
- October 20: Meeting with City Department Heads and Members of the Bridgeport Legislative Delegation at City Hall Annex @ 12pm
- Late October/Early November: Mayor will interview the top 3 candidates.
- By Mid-November: Mayor will announce his choice for Chief of Police.
More information on the background of the forum may be found on the City's website at www.bridgeportct.gov/BPDChief2022.
For more information: