Skip to main content

Licensing & Permits

This department issues and manages contractor, hauler, licenses and permits to perform street and sidewalk excavation within the City of Bridgeport. This is the office to contact if you are a contractor, or hauler who needs more information on rules and regulations governing street and sidewalk excavation in the city. This office also provides Occupancy Permits to occupy the public right of way.

Head shot for license and permits site
Joseph Estephan
License & Permits Supervisor

See Click Fix

Residents can report any bad road cuts, downed wires, or any issues with work being done to seeclickfix.


Any contractor conducting work in the City of Bridgeport that includes the excavation of roads or sidewalks for utility work, sewer work, or related digging must be licensed with the City of Bridgeport.

The contractor must also notify and receive approval from our Engineering Department and must contact the Call Before You Dig (CBYD) to mark locations of any utilities and gas lines in the area to be excavated. A permit or permits associated with emergency excavation(s) shall be obtained on the next business day.


Licensing & Permits

Licensing & Permits

Mailing Address

45 Lyon Terrace
Room 223
Bridgeport, CT 06604