Register to Vote
How to Register to Vote
There are currently three different ways to register to vote.
- IN PERSON
Prior to submitting your voter registration, here are some things to consider.
Am I eligible to vote?
- Are you at least 17 and turning 18 before Election Day?
- Are you a United States citizen living in Connecticut?
- If you have been convicted of a felony, have you completed confinement and parole?
If you can answer yes to all three of these questions, you are eligible to register to vote in Connecticut.
What if I moved recently?
- You will have to update your voter registration to reflect your new address.
- If you moved to Connecticut from another state, if you moved to a different town within Connecticut, or even if you moved within the same town, your polling location may have changed.
What if I am a student?
If you are a college student living away from home, you may choose to vote in one of two ways:
- Either complete an absentee ballot for the election at our local Town Clerks office
- Register to vote in your college town