The Town Clerk issues Absentee Ballots. Registered voters who are unable to vote in person on Primary or Election Day may vote by Absentee Ballot. Please note that the Town Clerk’s Office handles the Absentee Ballots (Not the Registrar of Voters Office). A voter may request an Absentee Ballot Application at any time, however, the Absentee Ballot is not available until 21 days before the Primary or 31 days before the Election.
Please send your completed Absentee Ballot Application to:
City of Bridgeport
Town Clerks Office
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 122
Bridgeport, CT 06604
After the application is processed, the actual ballot is then mailed (or given personally) to the Voter. The ballot must be returned by the close of the polls on primary or election day. You may also choose to vote by absentee ballot, in person, at the Town Clerk's Office any time during normal business hours before primary or election day.
The State of Connecticut allows you to vote by Absentee Ballot for the following reasons only:
- Active service in the armed forces
- Absence from town
- Physical disability
- Religious tenets
- Duties as an election official
If you have any questions or need more information about absentee ballots, please call (203) 576-7208.
For general voting information, contact the Registrar of Voters.
For a current election calendar please visit the Secretary of State.
Absentee Ballot Drop Off Locations/ Ubicacion De Los Buzones:
1. City Hall/Alcaldia municipal - 45 Lyon Terrace, Bridgeport, CT
2. Margaret E. Morton Government Center - 999 Broad Street, Bridgeport, CT
3. Fire House #10 - 950 Boston Avenue, Bridgeport, CT
4. Adjacent the Fire House corner of/Adyacente el Fire House - 245 Ocean Terrace, Bridgeport, CT