Work permits can also be obtained through the Main Office at the following high schools:
- Bassick High School - (203) 275-3081
- Bridgeport Military Academy - (203) 275-3961
- Central High School - (203) 275-1502
- Harding High School - (203) 275-2751
- Fairchild Wheeler Interdistrict Multi-Magnet Campus - (203) 275-3337
Work permits can also be obtained at City Hall, 45 Lyon Terrace, Room 301.
- The minor interviews for and receives an offer of employment.
- The employer provides a Promise of Employment letter.
- The minor provides the Promise of Employment letter and proof of age to
the superintendent’s designee.
- The designee reviews the letter for completeness and the job to make sure it is allowable.
- If all is in order, the designee issues the Working Papers.
- The minor provides the Working Papers to the employer.
- The employer keeps the Working Papers on file until 2 years after the minor