Skip to main content

Work permits can also be obtained through the Main Office at the following high schools:

  • Bassick High School - (203) 275-3081
  • Bridgeport Military Academy - (203) 275-3961
  • Central High School -  (203) 275-1502
  • Harding High School - (203) 275-2751
  • Fairchild Wheeler Interdistrict Multi-Magnet Campus - (203) 275-3337

Work permits can also be obtained at City Hall, 45 Lyon Terrace, Room 301.


  1. The minor interviews for and receives an offer of employment.
  2. The employer provides a Promise of Employment letter.
  3. The minor provides the Promise of Employment letter and proof of age to

    the superintendent’s designee.
  4. The designee reviews the letter for completeness and the job to make sure it is allowable.
  5. If all is in order, the designee issues the Working Papers.
  6. The minor provides the Working Papers to the employer.
  7. The employer keeps the Working Papers on file until 2 years after the minor

    turns 18.