Services and Responsibilities
- Discover and list unreported or under-reported assets, real property, personal property and motor vehicles.
- Value real estate, personal property and motor vehicles at 70% of Fair Market Value.
- Implement Revaluation every 5 years as mandated by state statute.
- Administer the Elderly and Totally Disabled Tax Relief Program and Additional Veteran's Exemption.
- Apply Veteran's exemptions for Veterans and Active-Duty Military personnel.
- Administer commercial/business exemptions and deferral programs as required by state statute or local ordinance.
- Prepare and file required state reports.
- Monitor access to assessment data to protect confidentiality.
- Assist the Board of Assessment Appeals (BAA) with technical information related to assessments.