East End Street Study
What is this Study?
East End Street Study is assisting the City of Bridgeport, MetroCOG and the Connecticut Department of Transportation with identifying:
- Transportation improvements that will address safety issues.
- Appropriate accommodations for vehicular traffic, bicyclists, pedestrians and transit users.
- Considerations that impact the future economic development within the corridors.
- Provide the best access to residents, businesses and services.
The Study will analyze data such as vehicle speed, traffic volumes, queue length/timing gaps, lane usage, sight distance, ROW utilization, access driveways, transit stops, pedestrian crossing times, and accident rates. The current and future operations of the one-way couplet will also be analyzed in this study.
The project will include:
- Potential mitigation or improvements for all modes of transportation, intersection and roadway re-alignment and layout.
- Pedestrian crossings/ramps/sidewalks, midblock crossings, road diet, accident reduction.
For more information about the study, findings, and recommendations please visit: