Household Bulk Pickup Program
The City of Bridgeport has reintroduced the annual Household Bulk Pickup Program to help residents dispose of large items that are difficult for residents to transport to our local transfer station. Each address is allowed one appointment per year.
The Household Bulk Pickup Program is ending September 8, 2023. NO more appointment are being taken.
*Residents can schedule an appointment by calling 203-576-3950 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Household Pickup Guidelines:
- Residents MUST make an appointment to have their household items picked up prior to placing items curbside.
- Please call early to schedule an appointment to avoid missing an opportunity to have household bulk items picked up. Any items put out without an appointment will be subject to a fine.
- Residents must place all household items curbside by 7:00 am on the scheduled date of appointment. Items must be easily accessible to City equipment and personnel. If the pile is unorganized or inaccessible to City equipment and personnel, the City reserves the right to bypass the scheduled pickup and the household will forfeit their pickup opportunity for the year.
- Furniture, mattresses/box springs, chairs, sofas, carpeting, fencing/decking (4-foot max length).
- Appliances – televisions, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers (with doors removed).
- Large Metal Items (4-foot max) all metal items must be separate from everything else.
- Doors – must be cut in half.
- Garbage/trash/recycling (items that would go into your weekly trash or recycling toter), cardboard.
- Brushes, leaves, branches, trees or tree stumps.
- Tires, auto parts, batteries, antifreeze, motor oil.
- Paint or paint cleaners
- Demolition material - asphalt, bricks, concrete, shingles, sheetrock, sinks, toilets, cabinets, tiles, masonry materials/liquids.
Residents will be responsible for removing any UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS from curbside and may be subject to fines imposed by the Unlawful Deposit Coordinator