The Roadway Maintenance Division provides Brown bag leaf collection to City residents. Leaves should be placed in brown paper leaf bags. Leaf collections follows your recycling day schedule.
If you miss leaf collection in your neighborhood, you can always bring leaves to the Bridgeport Transfer Station located at 475 Asylum Street. Leaves should be in paper leaf bags, or they must be emptied into the container at the transfer station and taken with you.
BROWN BAG COLLECTION GUIDELINES:
Leaves, brush and grass clippings are on Connecticut’s list of mandatory recycling items. Do NOT mix with garbage. Residents are encouraged to compost at home and mulch your grass clippings into your lawn.
- Curbside by 6:00 a.m. on the recycling day.
- Yard waste will be collected only in brown paper leaf bags, garbage cans with no lids, or open top cardboard boxes. Do NOT use trash toter.
- Plastic bags, loose piles of brush and leaves, rocks, soil, and sand will NOT be collected.
- Brush must be less than 4 feet in length and 6 inches or less in diameter. It must be tied up in bundles, no heavier than 50 lbs.
- There is a 25-pound weight limit for bags and a 50-pound for cans. Do NOT overload bags or cans.
- Logs and stumps will NOT be collected. They can be brought to the Transfer Station, 475 Asylum Street, Bridgeport, CT 06610.
- If you believe your residence was missed for a leaf pick up. Please call the Roadway Maintenance Division on the same day at 203-576-7124.