The City of Bridgeport Transfer Station is open to residents year-round Monday to Saturday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm to dispose of household trash and recycling.
- Household refuse only
- Wood and brush no more than 4 feet in length (tied in bundle or loose and covered)
- All small debris, lawn clippings and leaves (bagged, boxed or tied)
- All metals must be separated.
- Wood doors and mattresses must be cut in half.
- We do not accept more than 2 tires per trip.
- Oil and Anti-freeze must be free of contamination and must be left with the Weigh Master.
- Recyclables items are to be placed under the direction of the Weigh Master.
All leaves are to be in paper leaf bags ONLY. Any other bags or boxes of leaves must be emptied into the disposal container on site.
People living outside of the City, who own a home/property in Bridgeport must bring proof of ownership of said premises.
All loads must be covered and secured.
- Medical waste
- Toxic material
- Hazardous liquids or material
- Construction debris
- Paint or paint products
- Roofing shingles
- Aluminum or vinyl siding
Unacceptable items demolition and/or bulk material, can be brought to the following waste facilities:
All-American Waste 80 Garfield Avenue, Stratford, CT 203-386-0791
City Carting 221 Old Gate Lane, Milford, CT 203-998-0650
Paint can be brought to the following locations:
Sherwin Williams 46 Glenwood Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 203-384-8862
PPG Paints 1739 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 203-334-2112