Zoning Compliance Application
Application for Zoning Plan:
A Zoning Plan is required to enlarge, alter, repair, move, change the occupancy of an existing building or structure and to construct a new building or structure. To install solar panels and generators, erect or repair decks, inground and above grade swimming pools, fences exceeding 7 feet high and retaining walls over 3 feet high.
Provide the following:
- Site plan or plot plan showing locations of structures and proposed work on the property.
- Detailed written scope of work.
- Detailed construction drawings or sketches, floor plans, etc.
- For new construction an Architect and/or Engineer’s seal and signature on all plans.
- Copies of all applicable pre-approvals from the Historic Commission, the Inland Wetland & Watercourse Agency, the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Planning & Zoning Commission.
- Click on Park City Portal and complete the plan application online.
All documents must be submitted in a PDF format.
Who can apply:
Application for a Zoning Plan shall be made by the owner of the property or by an authorized agent.
It is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure their contractors have the correct permits before any work begins.
An application to the Building Department will be required for most types of Zoning Plans.
Application for Zoning Plan Instructions and Application:
The most common plan types are:
Over the Counter:
- Solar Panels (no structural or roofing)
- Fairs & Festival and Special Events (identify as non-profit or for-profit)
Residential 1-3 Family:
- New Construction of a 1, 2 or 3 family or to add another apartment (not to exceed 3)
- Additions and Alterations like replacement doors, windows, re-shingle roof, decks, porches, pools, repairs or remodeling, etc. Solar panels requiring structural or a new roof. Building a new garage or installing a shed.
- New and replacements
Residential 4 plus apartments:
- Call to discuss.
- A change of tenant or use of the space.
Commercial and Industrial:
- New construction of buildings
- Alterations, remodeling and repairs
- Call to discuss.
Click on Park City Portal and complete the plan application online..
Upload to FILES required documents in PDF format.
The zoning staff will begin the review process and will invoice the applicant to pay on-line when the review is complete. Additional information may be requested to complete the review and approve the application.