City of Bridgeport Household Bulk Pickup Program
The City of Bridgeport is reintroducing the annual Household Pickup Program to help residents dispose of large items that are difficult for residents to transport to our local transfer station. The program begins April 3rd and continues through September 8th. Each address is allowed one appointment per year for the collection period of April 3, 2023, to September 8, 2023.
*Appointments must be made starting March 6th by calling City of Bridgeport Department of Public Facilities at 203-576-3950 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Household Pickup Guidelines:
- Residents MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT to have their household items picked up prior to placing items curbside.
- Please call early to schedule an appointment to avoid missing an opportunity to have household items picked up. Any items put out without an appointment will be subject to a fine.
- Residents must place all household items curbside by 7:00 am on the scheduled date of appointment. Items must be easily accessible to City equipment and personnel. If the pile is unorganized or inaccessible to City equipment and personnel, the City reserves the right to bypass the scheduled pickup and the household will forfeit their pickup opportunity for the year.
- ACCEPTABLE ITEMS household items include:
- Furniture, mattresses/box springs, chairs, sofas, carpeting, fencing/decking (4-foot max length).
- Appliances – televisions, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers (with doors removed).
- Large Metal Items (4-foot max) all metal items must be separate from everything else. Doors – must be cut in half.
- Doors – must be cut in half.
5. UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS:
- Garbage/trash/Recycling (Items that would go into your weekly trash or recycling collection), Cardboard, Brush, Leaves or Branches.
- Hazardous materials or liquids, Paint, Recyclable materials, Tires, Trees or Stumps, Vehicles or Vehicle parts, Oil, Propane Tanks, Automobile Batteries, Antifreeze, Motor Oil.
- Demolition Materials (Asphalt, Shingles, Sheetrock, Concrete, Sinks, Toilets, Cabinets, Tiles, Bricks, or any other masonry materials.
- Items placed in a bag, Barrel or box will NOT be picked up.
6. Residents will be responsible for removing any UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS from curbside and may be subject to fines imposed by the Unlawful Deposit Coordinator
* PLEASE NOTE: Items that are put before or after scheduled appointment time will be subject to fine, for more information visit Anti-Blight Ordinance.