We sincerely appreciate your help and cooperation in our recycling efforts.
Recycling Code of Ordinance
The Statutes of the State of Connecticut mandate that all materials listed must be separated from household trash. Pursuant to State of CT Statute: sec. 22a-24b. any resident not in compliance may be subjected to a fine.
Items not collected at curbside and must be brought to the Solid Waste Transfer Station at 475 Asylum Street.
Recycling is scheduled for pick-up on the same day as household trash, but is on an alternate week schedule.
- Nickel-cadmium Batteries
- Grass clippings (should go in brown paper bags with leaves)
- Lead acid storage batteries (cars)
- Scrap tires (limited to 2 per load)
- Waste oil
- Scrap Metal
- Cardboard containers that previously contained liquids (Milk or Juice containers)
- Broken window and auto glass can be taken to Transfer Station
- Leaves-Leaf pick up is on the same schedule as your recycling and is collected by our Roadway Department
For more information on Recyclable items, click here.
The Public Facilities Dept. performs trash & recycling pick-up on every holiday except when Christmas or New Year's falls on a weekday. If Christmas or New Year's falls on a weekday the pick-up schedule will be delayed by one day for all scheduled pick-up days on or following the holiday only.