The Recycling Division is responsible for bi-weekly collection and transportation of residential household recyclable materials to a regional intermediate processing center. The residential recycling collection schedule is on the same day as household trash but every other week. Please report a missed recycling pickup within 24 hours by calling 203-576-7753.
- Nickel-cadmium Batteries
- Grass clippings & yard debris such as grass, leaves and brush - Bring to Transfer Station.
- Lead acid storage batteries (cars)
- Household waste oil
- Scrap metal
- Cardboard containers that previously contained liquids (Milk or Juice containers)
- Broken window and auto glass - Bring to Transfer Station.
- Leaves - Leaf collections follow your recycling day schedule or bring to the Transfer Station.
For additional recycling resources.
- Recycling in Connecticut a State of Connecticut website with general information about recycling.
- Recycling & Disposal of Scrap Tires - a State of Connecticut website with advice and links to recycling tires.
- Recycling batteries - a State of Connecticut website with advice and links to recycling different types of batteries.
- Mattresses Disposal Guide - a website with advice and links about recycling a mattress.
- RecycleCT - a CT based nonprofit website with recycle information.