City of Bridgeport COVID-19 Response
The City of Bridgeport Department of Health & Social Services is actively monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak and participating in state and federal calls to ensure we are up-to-date on the latest CDC guidance. At the moment, there is currently no vaccine to prevent a COVID-19 infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid exposure.
As a reminder, the CDC always recommends daily preventive actions to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wear a mask or other face covering. This is now a State and local requirement. Click here for more information. Face coverings or a higher level of protection is required when in public or wherever close contact is unavoidable.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
COVID-19 TESTING OPPORTUNITIES
For information on COVID-19 testing opportunities in the City of Bridgeport, please click HERE.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU FEEL SICK?
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and feel you may have been exposed to the coronavirus, don’t panic, stay home, self-isolate, and call your doctor. Common symptoms of COVID-19 include: fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Less common symptoms include: headache, body aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and sudden loss of smell or taste.
Please do not go to a doctor’s office or emergency department in person without calling ahead and speaking to a health care provider.
Additional hotlines for more COVID related questions:
Bridgeport Hospital: (203) 688-1700 (local); (833) 484-1200 (toll-free)
Hartford Health Care: (860) 972-8100 or (toll-free) (833) 621-0600.
Bridgeport Health Department: (203) 576-8426