Information on the Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
The City of Bridgeport Department of Health & Social Services is actively monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak and participating in state and federal calls to ensure we are up-to-date on the latest CDC guidance. At the moment there is currently no vaccine to prevent 2019-nCoV infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Remember to take everyday preventive actions that are always recommended to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.For more information on the Coronavirus, visit the links below as of 2/3/2020: