Food Policy Council
The Food Policy Council meets on the third Wednesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom unless otherwise noted.
Food Policy Council Commission Members
Owner & Chef, A Pinch of Salt, LLC
Black Rock Resident
Council Vice Chair
Black Rock Resident
Reginald Saint Fortcolin
Executive Director, Green Village Initiative
North End Resident
City of Bridgeport Chief Administrative Officer
Dr. Elizabeth Rivera-Rodriguez, DNP, MPH, MSN, RN
City of Bridgeport Department of Health & Social Services
Director of Health & Social Services
Thomas F. Gill
City of Bridgeport Office of Planning and Economic Development Director
(Alternate - Matthew Abbott)
The Bridgeport Food Policy Council has 3 vacant volunteer resident seats. If you are interested in joining the Bridgeport Food Policy Council please fill out the Volunteer Resident application and send it to Constance Vickers.
The Food Policy Council's mission is to make sure that people in Bridgeport can easily access healthy, locally grown food.
The Council helps people learn how to prepare and eat healthy food. Ensuring that everyone has access to good food can also support jobs creation with fair pay.
According to Chapter 2.123 of the Bridgeport municipal code:
- There shall be a council to improve the availability of food to persons in need within the city, and to advise city agencies who relate to this work.
- The purpose of the council shall be to integrate all agencies of the city in a common effort to improve the availability of safe and nutritious food at reasonable prices for all residents, particularly those in need.
- To improve the availability of healthy fresh food for all city residents.
- To improve food distribution channels into and within the city of Bridgeport.
- To generate growth and employment in the food sector.
- To support regional farmers, strengthen regional linkages and increase urban food production.
- To recognize opportunities to reduce and recapture food waste.