Make the Shift to BPD
Are You Ready to Become A Bridgeport Police Officer?
We are currently not accepting applications.
Please feel free to sign the Interest Capture below so that you are notified when the next examination process begins!
For more information, please feel free to call 203-576-8332 or email email@example.com
Police Recruits are offered the following Benefits:
• Medical Coverage
• Prescription Coverage
• Insurance Buyout Plan
• Dental Coverage
• Vision Coverage
• Life Insurance Coverage
• College Tuition
Police Officer Certification Process Includes:
• Background and fingerprint
• Controlled substance screening
• Medical evaluation
Bridgeport Residency Perks
• Qualified residents can receive an additional 15% added to their final passing score.
• Applicants must provide proof of residing in Bridgeport for a minimum of 1 year prior to 7/17/2023
• Fee waivers for Bridgeport candidates who meet certain income requirements.
Qualified Veterans may be eligible to receive 5 points added to their passing final score. Qualified Veterans with Service Related Disabilities may be eligible to receive 10 points added to their passing final score.