A Heating, Venting and Air Conditioning Permit (Mechanical) is required for the erection, alterations, repair, relocation, replacement, addition to use or maintain components, equipment, or systems, per Connecticut State Building Code. Examples of the type of work requiring a Mechanical Permit include, but is not limited to, Duct Systems, Heating Systems, Air Conditioning Systems, Exhaust Systems, and Refrigeration Systems.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Any person holding a valid CT License to do Heating, Venting and Air Conditioning Work or Authorized Agent for the Holder. A property owner of a single-family residence who permanently resides at the property may apply for an electrical permit.
HVAC PERMIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
Required documents to be submitted with Mechanical Permit Application:
- Copy of Contractor's current Connecticut license card
- If agent – Provide a letter, on company letterhead, signed by the Trade Registered Card Holder - indicating the agents name as the authorized representative, type of permit, and address of the work. Agent must provide photo identification and a copy of the contractor's license.
- Detailed Written Scope of Work (what removed, what new, types and size of materials to be used, attachment, etc.)
- Detailed construction drawings and specifications
- Copies of Manufacturers Material Data Sheets and other related information
- Copies of all applicable pre-approvals from Federal Government or State of Connecticut
Per City Ordinance 15.08.020 - No Permits can be issued by the Building Department if there are delinquent Property Tax and/or WPCA Sewer User Fees.