Swimming Pool Permit
A building permit is required for the erection of an above ground swimming pool or the construction of an in-ground where the depth of the pool is 24 inches or greater.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Pursuant to section 29-263 of the Connecticut General Statutes, application for a permit shall be made by the owner of the property or by an authorized agent.
WHO CAN Assemble Above Ground or Construct In-Ground Pools:
Installation of in-ground pools must be by a licensed “swimming pool builder” (SP-1). Assembly of above ground pools must be by a registered Connecticut Home Improvement Contractor (HIC) or Property Owner of a Single-Family Residence.
POOL PERMIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
Required documents to be submitted with building permit application:
- Copy of Home Improvement Contractor for above ground pools and SP-1 for in ground pools.
- Copy of pool assemblers or Contractors Workers’ Compensation Insurance Certificate. If Property Owner or Sole Proprietor, a signed and notarized Affidavit is required.
- If agent – Provide a Letter, on Company Letterhead, signed by the Licensed Holder - indicating the agents name as the authorized representative, type of permit and address of the work. Agent must provide photo identification and copy of the contractor's license.
- Site plan or plot plan showing locations of existing structures and pool on the property with dimensions
- Detailed construction drawings (In-ground pools – pre molded or site-built)
- Copy of pool assembly Instructions (Above Ground)
- Copy of pool alarm data sheet
- Copy of pool ladder data sheet
- Detailed information on how pool barrier requirements will be addressed
- Copies of all applicable pre-approvals from Federal Government, State of Connecticut and or City of Bridgeport.
- Commercial pools and 3 or more families will required State Health Department approval letter.
Per City Ordinance 15.08.020 - No Permits can be issued by the Building Department if there are delinquent Property Tax and/or WPCA Sewer User Fees.