Temporary Tent Permit
A Temporary Tent Permit (Building Permit) is required for the erection of a structure, enclosure or shelter, with or without side walls or drops, constructed of fabric or pliable material supported in any manner except by air or the contents it protects, per Connecticut State Building Code.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Pursuant to section 29-263 of the Connecticut General Statutes, application for a permit shall be made by the owner of the property or by an authorized agent.
TEMPORAY TENT PERMIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
Required documents to be submitted with tent permit application:
- Copy of Workers’ Compensation Insurance Certificate for tent erection company or if Sole Proprietor a signed and notarized affidavit is required.
- If agent – Provide a letter, on company letterhead, signed by the licensed holder - indicating the agents name as the authorized representative, type of permit and address of the work. Agent must provide photo identification and a copy of the contractor's license.
- Site plan or plot plan showing locations of existing structures and tent on the property
- Certificate of Flame Retardant for tent membrane
- Copies of all applicable pre-approvals from Federal Government, State of Connecticut and or City of Bridgeport
- If tents are erected on City property, a letter authorization from the property owner is required.
Per City Ordinance 15.08.020 - No Permits can be issued by the Building Department if there are delinquent Property Tax and/or WPCA Sewer User Fees.