A Plumbing Permit is required for the erection, alteration, repair, relocation, replacement, addition to use or maintain plumbing components, equipment, or systems, per Connecticut State Building Code. Examples of the type of work requiring a Plumbing Permit include, but is not limited to, Plumbing Systems, Gas Fuel Systems, Fire Protection (including Sprinkler, Standpipe, yard Systems, Chemical), Exhaust Hood, and Suppression Systems.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Any person holding a valid CT license to do plumbing work or authorized agent for the holder. A property owner of a single-family residence who permanently resides at the property may apply for a plumbing permit.
PLUMBING PERMIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Visit the Park City Portal and create an account to apply for a Plumbing Permit. All documents must be submitted on PDF format.
PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
Required documents to be submitted with Plumbing Permit application:
- Copy of Contractor's current Connecticut license card
- If agent – Provide a letter, on company letterhead, signed by the Trade Registered Card Holder - indicating the agents name as the authorized representative, type of permit, and address of the work. Agent must provide photo identification and a copy of the contractor's license.
- Detailed written scope of work (removed, new, types and size of materials to be used, attachment, etc.)
- Detailed construction drawings and specifications
- Copies of Manufactures Material Data Sheets and other related Information
- Copies of all applicable Pre-Approvals from Federal Government or State of Connecticut.
Per City Ordinance 15.08.020 - No Permits can be issued by the Building Department if there are delinquent Property Tax and/or WPCA Sewer User Fees.