Genealogists are allowed to visit the vault by appointment on Tuesdays from 9:00am-4:30 pm. They must have:
- Membership cards recognized by the Secretary of State’s office
- Government-issued photo ID.
Photographic copying is prohibited by law.
Fee for Genealogical Searches
The office of Vital Statistics shall charge an established fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) for any search, including a certified copy thereof, if one is found, that it conducts upon request of the public. A refund will be sent if no record is found. Please know that it takes 90 days or longer to search for genealogy records and recommends that you retain the services of a registered genealogist.
- Birth Records begin in 1850
- Death Records begin in 1855
- Marriage Records begin in 1833